Monday, August 31, 2009

progress

It has taken about two weeks to finish the color layout for this piece. I anticipate that this is the beginning of a new series. When I get back from Ecuador mid September I am hoping to be able to finish this piece, and begin working on some similar work based off of photos and sketches I'll be doing while I'm down in South America. This piece is probably about 1/3 finished there is still a lot of work to be done. I need to do more overlays of color you'll notice the bird with the yellow and pink coloring that will be more peacock like when this piece is done and the black lines coming out from the birds back are actually the beginning of feathers and I will be painting circular and tear drop like shapes to create a kind of abstract plumage. You'll also notice that in the top left corner and bottom left corner some gold line over lays on the the dark red I'll be doing more of this fine lined detail work throughout the rest of the piece. ALL THE PHOTOS ON THE SITE WHEN CLICKED ON WILL GIVE YOU A LARGER IMAGE TO VIEW.

No comments:

Post a Comment