Thursday, February 25, 2010

Good news and big plans





So I got a show on the cuff at Dionysus in Baltimore a week ago. I hung the show, but haven't had the reception yet. There are 5 of my larger older pieces and also 16 of the new smaller pieces. I think the show looks great I hung it in 45 minutes and was happy with it. The new smaller acrylic pieces really compliment the larger oil pastel based paintings. My palette has remained consistent in the last two years so there's no issue with cohesion and the newer smaller pieces really help to create a flow between the larger paintings. Even better news I am going have another one of my larger paintings at the Wind Up Space on North Avenue for the Baker Artist Awards Coupling show in March . I'm excited about having all this art up in the city at once. I would like to keep art up in the city year round honestly, but to do that I'm going to have to start painting even more than I have been. I'm looking forward to Artdromeda in Pig Town coming up in May and I'm hoping by that time to have another 25 smaller paintings and hopefully I will have another 4 or 5 larger pieces as well. The biggest project I have to date though is still on the drawing board and its only a little top secret. What I can say is that in 2011 I'm hoping to hang 4 six foot long by four foot tall mural like pieces, otherwise its top secret. I think the murals will be the next big step for me and will hopefully bring me some additional attention in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment